Organic & Natural Quinoa from Bhutan, 1kg, OGOP
What Is Quinoa?
Quinoa, often called as “superfood” or a “supergrain,” is one of the world’s most popular health foods. Quinoa is a flowering plant that belongs to the amaranth family. It is an annual plant that is grown for its edible seeds. So, when we refer to the benefits of quinoa, we mean the benefits of its seeds. As the seeds are what we generally use.
The seeds are gluten-free. The composition of quinoa is similar to wheat or rice when cooked. It is an excellent source of protein (a complete source, as it contains all the nine essential amino acids). It also contains a good amount of fiber and minerals.
Quinoa is known for its high nutritional value. it contains calcium, iron and potassium, and is known to have superior protein content in comparison to other grains. It is a healthy alternative for cereals, especially for people with gluten intolerance and diabetics due to its low glycemic index, which helps in sugar control.
- Length x Width x Height: 12cm x 12cm x 15cm
What are the benefits of Quinoa?
- Quinoa Is Usually Gluten Free
- Quinoa Lowers Cholesterol and May Prevent Heart Disease
- Quinoa May Lower Blood Sugar and Improve Diabetes
- Quinoa Is Rich in Antioxidants
- Quinoa Is an Anti-Inflammatory Food
- Quinoa Can Aid Weight Loss
- Vacuum packed Pure Quinoa
- Harvested from Gewogs of Mongar Dzongkha
- No additives or preservatives
- Net weight 1kg
About the Artisan
"OGOP aims to support economic development & increase community products by mobilizing all avaliable resources in order to promote grassroots community by adding more value to products made with local wisdom, tradition, culture & the community's resources which make them unique products"- The Queen's Project (Bhutan)