Quiona, 1kg, FCB, Quinoa of Bhutan, Bhutanese Quiona, Healthy, Natural, Diets, Breakfast, Cereals of Bhutan, Bhutanese Cereals
FCB(Food Cooperation of Bhutan) comes up with one of the best Quinoa. The Quinoa is sourced from the local farmers from eastern part of Bhutan who practices traditional farming which does not include any added chemical. The Quinoa is a must cereal that you should add in your daily healthy lifestyle.
Quinoa Fried Rice:
- Rinse quinoa in cold water. Add I cup of quinoa in 2
- cups of water and cook it for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it steam for 5 minutes. Heat little oil in a pan and add finely chopped onion, tomato, carrot and sauté for a minute.
- You may also add vegetables of your choice. Add cooked quinoa,
- sprinkle some salt, stir nicely and serve it hot.
Vegetable Quinoa Soup:
- Take a pot and heat some oil. Add chopped onion, carrot, garlic, celery/spring onion and sauté until the vegetables turns soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and add quinoa, beans and tomatoes. Pour vegetable/chicken stock/water in the pot and cook for 25 minutes in a medium heat.
- Cook until the quinoa grain becomes tender. You may also pressure cook to speed up the cooking process. You may also mix quinoa with rice and cook in a regular cooker (rice/pressure cooker) and serve with ema/shamu/kewa datshi.
- Height: 8 inches
- Length: 5 inches
- Width: 2.1 inches
- Weight: 1kg