100 % Organic Cardamom from Bhutan
Bhutan's big cardamom has a fresh and aromatic aroma which is complex in nature. It can be described as slightly sweet, floral and spice having citric elements. Large black cardamom has a strong, unique taste with an intensely aromatic fragrance. Large Cardamom is best stored in pod form because once the seeds are exposed or grounded they quickly lose their flavour. Roughly 2.5 to 3 cm in length, the pod is dark brown to black in colour and have a tough, dried and wrinkly skin.
Black cardamom is dried over a smoke fire and therefore has a distinct smoky aroma. The seeds have sweetish, smoky flavour when bitten into. The pods can be used in their whole or split forms while cooking. Cardamom is often included in Indian sweet dishes and drinks like punches and milled wines. It is used in pickles, especially pickled herring and flavoured custard. A stimulant and carminative, it is used curing indigestion and flatulence.
Bhutan harvests one of the most organic forms of cardamoms in the world. This particular product is sourced from Tsendagang gewog, Dagana Dzongkhag in south Bhutan.
International Name of Cardamoms :
- French: cardamome
- German: Kardamom
- Italian: cardamomo, cardamone
- Spanish: cardamomo
- Burmese: phalazee
- Chinese: ts'ao-k'ou
- Indian: elachi, e(e)lachie, ela(i)chi, illaichi
- Indonesian: kapulaga
- Sinhalese: enasal
- Thai: grawahn, kravan
What are the health benefits?
- Digestive issues: Cardamom is great for curing and preventing digestive issues. Other than this, it is also good for boosting digestive health. The cooling effects of cardamom, despite being a spice, can help in relieving acidity. Along with this, cardamom can also help in treating gastrointestinal issues like indigestion, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and spasms.
- Bad breath: Cardamom has anti-bacterial properties which help in getting rid of bad breath as it helps in neutralizing dental bacteria.
- Depression: Due to the aromatic power it holds, cardamom has the added benefit of helping those going through mental stress, depression or any other mental health issue. You can boil cardamom in water or simply have it added to your tea for best results.
- Expectorant action: Those suffering from asthma and bronchitis, cardamom is a wonder spice for you. This is because cardamom can help improve blood circulation in the lungs by blood thinning action.
- Sexual dysfunction: Sexual dysfunctions like impotency and premature ejaculation can also be successfully treated with cardamom. Consuming cardamom with milk and honey can do wonders for your sex life.
- Other benefits: Since cardamom is a multi-purpose spice, it is great for those suffering with bad metabolism, bad memory, helps to detoxify your body and is great for those period stomach cramps which seem impossible to bear.
How to take cardamoms?
Cardamom can be used in a variety of ways. It can be included in your daily chai and coffee, can be immersed in boiling water and consumed on an empty stomach, and even to your masala box.
- Vacuum sealed package
- Net weight 100 gms
About the Artisan
"OGOP aims to support economic development & increase community products by mobilizing all avaliable resources in order to promote grassroots community by adding more value to products made with local wisdom, tradition, culture & the community's resources which make them unique products"- The Queen's Project (Bhutan)